Hiring Position: Design Director
The Design Director is in charge of all design aspects of the company, including interior design, remodel/addition and new construction projects. The company directly serves DC Fine Homes Inc, DC Bend LLC and their clientele, and also develops designs for residential and commercial clients independent of those entities. Development of home plans, remodel plans and specifications of materials & features for all projects is at the basis of the position. Work closely with clientele and contractors to specify and procure materials for all projects. Additional responsibility includes managing junior/senior designers, grow/establish relationships with suppliers & vendors, continue to evolve materials library, assist in the acquiring new clients and help manage the direction & overall growth of the company. The Senior Design Director reports to the Owner.
- Manage Design Staff & Work Flow
- Conceptual Development of Home Plans, Elevations of Residential Projects
- Work with Owner to establish Company Initiatives
- Creation of Mood Boards for Residential and Commercial Projects
- Evolve Materials Library
- Grow vendor relationships; manage partnerships of subs & suppliers
- Collaborate with Owner, Drafting Partners, Engineers & Key Field Personnel of DC Fine Homes Inc & DC Bend LLC
- Network within community to establish new clients and revenue streams
- Develop sales collateral on occasion
- Provide design direction for special projects as determined by management
- Direction of Social Media Platform
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- College degree preferred
- Proficient in Revit Computer Programming
- 5+ years relevant experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years supervisory/management experience.
- Knowledge of industry trends, design tools, iterative design processes, methodologies, and practices
- High level of interior design, art, art history and architectural expertise
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- High Attention to Detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to interface effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
- Skilled at Photo Editing Software
- Skilled at Hand Rendering
- Familiarity with Social Media Platforms
- 3-D Modeling Software
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Office environment; no specific or unusual environmental or physical demands.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Health Care, PTO, Vacation, Some Profit Sharing Opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Job Location: Eugene, OR (Preferred)
Interested in this position?
Email resume to email@example.com with the subject: “Position Application: Design Director”